Friday, November 2, 2007

Jus’ Visitin’-


We have a short-term visitor at our house. She’s 82 years old, & pretty feisty if you get her loaded.






Boy howdy-

She’s a Colt Army Special in the ever popular .41 caliber. 6" barrel, & a few finish issues, but the inside of the cylinder & the bore look like this piece was made yesterday. Probably a military or police officer’s carry piece, as it looks much handled & little shot. And that Colt double action? Mmmmmm.


She’s visiting to be fit for some new leather. The lady of our house has a small leather repair/fabrication business on the side, primarily to service equestrian gear. But as we have a local gun shop, & the proprietor is a friend of ours, she will occasionally make heavy duty carry belts, custom holsters, & as requested, knife sheaths. So after the old girl is outfitted, (the gun, not the wife), she’ll be back with her real family.


I’ll know already I’ll miss her (the gun, not the wife).

4 comments:

Jay G said...

Droooooooolll...

I just lurves me some old Colts...

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm a sucker for 41's.

Skul

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Very nice.
I'm a sucker for them too.

doubletrouble said...

Wow- I didn't think the .41 Colt round had ANY fans! I know the owner of the piece has to special order the cartridges- not one to be found at Wally World, I'm guessing.
I just thought it was cool because of its age & oddball chambering.
Another school day...