Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Younger Visitor…


As suggested yesterday, here’s the granddaughter’s cousin, once removed, of the old Colt .41.
I had one guess in the comments, & it was oh so close.


This beauty is a S&W Model 58, the "police" issue version of the civilian .41 magnum, the Model 57. 4" barrel & fixed sights, nice deep blue finish, & I like it.


I couldn’t find a source to check the age by serial number (anyone?), but the minimal research I did do indicates this model was introduced on July 10, 1964, & was discontinued somewhere around 1978/9.

That would make this young lady around 36 years old, if you split the difference.

A little young for me, but I’ll make a concession.

Y’know, it’s fun handling these neat guns, but alas, I can’t shoot them.
(Hmmm...mebbe if I talk to the Colonel…)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aarrggg!! Gun prOn! Why do you do this? You know I like 41's.

Skul

doubletrouble said...

Sorry 'bout that chief.

I don't think I've ever even held a .41 until these last two; you should probably hook up w/that Colonel dude!