Thursday, April 17, 2008

Some Gun Days Are Gunnier Than Others…

As mentioned before, I have a 50-yard range in my sideyard. While it lacks many of the amenities of a commercial range, it has a few tables, a shooting bench for left & right handers, & a wooden backstop to which the targets can be affixed.

Aaanyway, I have a couple "dues payin’" members of the DT Shooting Association who utilize my range at their leisure, i.e. not personal guests of mine.

Yesterday, one of the guys brought his 1921 Thompson SMG up to play. Although this weapon is perfectly legal, he was a little hesitant about picturing the thing for the world (OK, you two guys) to see, so I just got a snap of the stamping on the receiver.




Don’t the words "submachine gun" just get you that tingly feeling down your leg?

Heh.

3 comments:

Jay G said...

Drrroooooooooool...

Any chance that might make a guest appearance? Oh, say, in 22 days?

paul the pirate (Yar!) said...

Oh, holy cow. Can I please, please come for a visit and shoot anything in June? Doesn't have to be an SMG (by the way, how did that Thomson sound? I hear that they've got a unique noise), but I'm getting antsy hearing the stories.

Earl said...

When Colt was a great name... not just a young horse prepping for the Derby.