Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gun Show Updates…


Well, it was a successful outing in Concord, but I'm here to tell ya, the T-shirts people wear run the gamut from just plain stupid to damn clever.

Best one I saw was

“If it wasn’t for PHYSICS & LAW ENFORCEMENT, I’d be UNSTOPPABLE”.
Heh.

‘Course, then there were folks that thought they could just buy anything they wanted with all the paperwork you’d need to buy a shovel or something.

NO, dude, you fill out the 4473, we make the call, & if everyone likes you, you get to make your purchase. No wonder people think there’s a “gun show loophole”. When these folks balked, I asked them to go around the show, find the “loophole” lying on the floor somewhere, brin’ it over to me, & then we could talk. Maroons…

ALSO-
it is oh so amazing how smaht & experienced some guys are with regard to firearms. We had one feller who, upon gazing at one of the class 3 items we had, pointedly explained to me how he used a Sterling SMG in Iraq. Pretty cool, considering they were made during the Second World War. Anything’s possible, I suppose, but I think I’d have used my issue rifle, but that’s just me…

4 comments:

The Farmer said...

Too bad I read this a day late. I did stop by the table and talked to Chris for a few minutes. I would have said hello and introduced myself as a blog reader of yours had I known that was you sitting there.

-SR

TOTWTYTR said...

If only I didn't have to work, I'd probably have taken a ride up to Concord.

Sterling SMG in Iraq? Was it one of the Umbday Hussein signature series guns? Or just a plain old 60+ year old firearm?

You know how some people just can't throw anything out.

doubletrouble said...

SR-
Yeah, sorry I missed you. I didn't do to much "sittin'", however you might have seen our other guy if'n I'd been for a walk.
Feets get cranky standing all day...

Tot-
Well, work 1st, then fun I guess...

Anonymous said...

I love talking to people who "know" what there talking about.

Like my father use to say "You can Bullshit a Bullshitter but you can't Snow the Snow man."

BW